There are thousands of high paid medical coders already working in the state, and now is the perfect time to join them with a degree from one of the Virginia medical coding schools. There are campuses across the state in Arlington and Richmond that will give you a quality education. The Virginia medical billing schools also have online education programs so you can work from home at your own pace.
Spend some time exploring our list of featured Virginia medical billing schools below and enroll at a campus or sign up for an online education program today!
As a Virginia medical coder, you will:
- Assign clinical codes to patient information for reimbursement and data analysis
- Electronically record data for collection, retrieval and analysis
- Review patient records for fiscal and biological accuracy
- Maintain patient confidentiality and data security
Some career figures for medical coding professionals in Virginia:
- Average annual salary: $37,430
- Currently employed: 3,650
- Employment outlook: 21% growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Virginia Medical Coding Schools Enrolling Now