Enroll in one of the Ohio medical coding schools today and get your education in great places like Dayton, Cleveland and Columbus. There are even Ohio medical coding schools that offer online degree programs. Thousands of high paid medical coders are already working in Ohio, and you can join them in no time. Below you will find more information about exciting careers in medical coding.
Check out our list of featured Ohio medical billing schools below and enroll at a campus or online program today!
As an Ohio medical coder, you will:
- Assign clinical codes to patient information for reimbursement and data analysis
- Electronically record data for collection, retrieval and analysis
- Review patient records for fiscal and biological accuracy
- Maintain patient confidentiality and data security
Some career figures for medical coding professionals in Ohio:
- Average annual salary: $35,780
- Currently employed: 7,760
- Employment outlook: 21% growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ohio Medical Coding Schools Enrolling Now
American School of Technology
The American School of Technology has a mission of total dedication to training students for health and technical careers to prepare them for entry level positions. At the American School of Technology, our goal is to help adults realize their potential. Students want to learn skills that apply directly to their desired careers, so our technical training focuses on the skills required to be successful in your field. AST allows graduates to refresh their skills in one course from their original program of study at no charge. We offer clinical and hands-on skill training and our programs can be completed in less than one year. AST has developed a schedule that fits the needs of most people. Students can choose between morning or evening classes, allowing time for work, family and other responsibilities. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose AST:
- Hands-on Training: There’s no better way to be prepared than to train on the tools of the trade.
- Personal Attention: Small class sizes and dedicated instructors provide the best learning experience.
- Graduate in Under a Year: Why waste time! Get the skills you need and start a career today!
- Industry-Focused: Specialized areas of study based on industry competencies prepare you for job success.
- Career Assistance: Get assistance in job placement before and after you graduate. We want to help you succeed!
AST is accredited by the following organizations:
- Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools
- U.S. Department of Education
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) * Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)*
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!
Kaplan Career Institute
Your educational needs. Our commitment.
At Kaplan Career Institute, we strive to provide quality education in a variety of program offerings. Our campuses, with five locations in the state of Pennsylvania, offer associate’s degree, diploma and certificate programs that combine general education, professional experience, and career-focused education to help you develop the skills to achieve your personal and career goals.
Areas of Study*
- Allied Health
- Criminal Justice
- Information Technology
Gain comprehensive training designed to prepare you with the knowledge and skills that could help you pursue entry-level opportunities in the health care field. Experience the satisfaction of helping people when they need it most.
Unleash your talent and develop the skills to become part of the business world. Gain the critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to help you pursue entry-level opportunities in the business field.
Maintain the security in our communities that will always be important to our society. Develop the decision-making and judgment skills that could help you pursue entry-level opportunities in the criminal justice field.†
Maintain and repair the computer systems many organizations rely on to conduct day-to-day business. Through hands-on training in computer laboratories, you could develop the communication, teamwork, and critical thinking skills to help you pursue entry-level opportunities in today’s competitive marketplace and become a productive member of a business office.
Pursue a career in health care and assist others. Develop the skills and experience that could help you pursue entry-level opportunities in the nursing field and make a difference in patients’ lives.§
Train for the skills that could help you pursue new career opportunities. Develop the practical skills to pursue career success through group discussions, lectures, and hands-on experience with equipment typically used in the field.§
The Kaplan Commitment(SM)
We choose to offer Kaplan CommitmentSM because we want you to be able to experience real courses for real credits before making a financial commitment. Kaplan Commitment offers you the opportunity to assess the workload and evaluate the demands on your current work and family commitments. We want to be sure this is the right choice for you.#
Why Choose Kaplan Career Institute?
- Flexible schedules
- Academic services
- Limited class sizes
- Career placement assistance
- Career-focused education
- Hands-on training
- Experienced faculty and staff
Start today by taking the first step with Kaplan Career Institute.
*Areas of study may vary by location.
†Additional academy training may be required for law enforcement positions.
§Kaplan Career Institute cannot guarantee a student’s eligibility either to take any exam or become certified, registered or licensed. Individual state licensing/certification requirements may vary and are subject to change.
#No credits will be earned if the student withdraws from the program. Students must withdraw before the close of business on the last day of the Conditional Admittance Period for tuition exemption. Program requirements may vary and other conditions may apply. Please contact us for details.
For more information on our programs and their outcomes visit www.kaplancareerinstitute.com/consumer-info.
Kaplan Career Institute does not guarantee employment or career advancement.
Ultimate Medical Academy Online
Get Personalized Attention with UMA
Ultimate Medical Academy is committed to helping you succeed in a healthcare career. That’s why we offer assistance from the very beginning, throughout training, and even after you graduate. One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in our competitively priced tuition.
Engaging Online Learning
You’ll get individual feedback from your instructors, watch educational videos, participate in discussion boards and have access to live study group sessions. Many of our students also study on-the-go with MyUMA Mobile App.
Some UMA programs include certification exam preparation. We can help you get ready for testing. Earning your certification could be a way to further stand out in your career field by adding a credential to your training.
UMA has a relationship with more than 48,000 employers across the country and we use that network to search for job opportunities and schedule interviews for our graduates. As a UMA student, you’ll also be able to get help with writing your resume and receive pre-interview coaching.
It’s all about what you learn. We ask employers and industry experts for their insight about what today’s students need to be learning to be ready for tomorrow. The result is training programs with up-to-date job skills that help prepare you for a new career.
Ultimate Medical Academy provides a variety of diploma and associate degree training programs online. With UMA, students can pursue a rewarding career in these areas:
- Pharmacy Technician
- Healthcare Management
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Health and Human Services
- Health Information Technology
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Healthcare Technology & Systems
- Medical Office and Billing Specialist
As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our two campuses in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Allied American University
Allied American University is a leading, nationally accredited online institution that offers several flexible certificate programs designed to help students gain the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain a career in the medical field. Allied Health Department’s certificate programs prepare students for real-world medical positions by teaching specific job functions for each program. AAU offers healthcare certificate programs in Medical Billing, Medical Coding, Medical Administrative Assisting, and Pharmacy Technician.