If you are interested in a career in medical coding, the Nebraska medical coding will exceed all of your educational expectations. Your time spent at one of the Nebraska medical coding schools will help you succeed in this exciting field of the healthcare industry. There are Nebraska medical coding schools across the state in great locations like Lincoln, Omaha, and the Tri-Cities. Below you will find more information about Nebraska medical coding schools and careers.
Sign up for one of our Nebraska medical billing schools featured below and begin a traditional or online degree earning program today!
As a Nebraska medical coder, you will:
- Assign clinical codes to patient information for reimbursement and data analysis
- Electronically record data for collection, retrieval and analysis
- Review patient records for fiscal and biological accuracy
- Maintain patient confidentiality and data security
Some career figures for medical coding professionals in Nebraska:
- Average annual salary: $35,570
- Currently employed: 1,460
- Employment outlook: 21% growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Nebraska Medical Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Bryan University Online
Bryan University has a proven track record of successfully preparing graduates for over 70 years. Through hands-on, student-centered learning experiences, coupled with individualized support, Bryan students graduate with practical, productive skills that lead directly to high-demand professional careers. Unlike traditional institutions, Bryan also offers job placement assistance and lifetime refresher courses to ensure its graduates remain competitive for many years to come. Bryan enjoys a position within the higher education spectrum that is unique, respected, enviable and worthy of emulation.
Seize the opportunities in this growing industry.
With an estimated 71,200 job openings through the year 2024, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to choose a career path, such as:
- Certified Medical Biller and Coder – assign codes to patient records using ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codebooks for different diagnoses and medical procedures for in-patient and out-patient settings.
- Medical Office Administrator – responsible to keep the healthcare organization running smoothly and efficiently by directing and coordinating operations.
- Medical Records Technician – work to organize, monitor, update and maintain healthcare providers’ electronic medical records.
- Medical Secretary – maintain medical records, charts, correspondence, case history, reports, and insurance documents, among other duties.
- Insurance Claims Analyst – review insurance policy to determine coverage, prepare insurance claim forms, calculate claim amounts, and transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
Preparing now means you’ll be ready for the jobs of the future.
Diverse Work Settings
With a degree in Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records, gain the skills to be job-ready. Find yourself working with healthcare organizations such as:
- Ambulatory Care Settings
- Physician Offices
- Health Information Vendors
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Insurance Companies
- Behavioral Health Settings
- College Health Settings
At Bryan University, we give you a clear pathway, so that you’re ready to make your next career move as soon as you graduate. Learn how we put you on the path.
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job