The Show Me state has several great educational programs to show you at one of the Missouri medical coding schools. With an education from one of the Missouri medical coding schools, you will be joining one of the thousands of experienced medical coders already working in the state. This is an exciting career that is essential in helping the healthcare industry run as smoothly as possible. By earning a degree from one of the Missouri medical coding schools, you will have the skills to excel in this booming career.
Begin your education at an online or traditional Missouri medical billing schools, featured in our list below.
As a Missouri medical coder, you will:
- Assign clinical codes to patient information for reimbursement and data analysis
- Electronically record data for collection, retrieval and analysis
- Review patient records for fiscal and biological accuracy
- Maintain patient confidentiality and data security
Some career figures for medical coding professionals in Missouri:
- Average annual salary: $35,590
- Currently employed: 4,570
- Employment outlook: 21% growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Missouri Medical Coding Schools Enrolling Now