St. Cloud and Minneapolis are just two of the great cities available when you enroll in one of the great Minnesota medical coding schools. With a degree in medical coding, you will be working in an interesting and diverse line of work in the healthcare industry. Minnesota medical coding schools allow you to receive quality training across the state or even from home. Whether you enroll in one of the campuses in Minnesota or an online degree program, your education from one of the Minnesota medical coding schools will help you begin a long and rewarding career.
Check out our list of Minnesota medical billing schools and get started online or at a campus in no time!
As a Minnesota medical coder, you will:
- Assign clinical codes to patient information for reimbursement and data analysis
- Electronically record data for collection, retrieval and analysis
- Review patient records for fiscal and biological accuracy
- Maintain patient confidentiality and data security
Some career figures for medical coding professionals in Minnesota:
- Average annual salary: $40,280
- Currently employed: 3,400
- Employment outlook: 21% growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Minnesota Medical Coding Schools Enrolling Now
We Make Higher Education A Successful Investment
At Rasmussen College, our focus has always been and will remain on making your higher education experience a successful investment. We help you achieve the success you want-both in your courses and in your career.
Through our Tuition Lock, which guarantees your tuition costs will not increase from enrollment to graduation, you can focus on your courses with peace of mind that your tuition costs will remain the same.* Plus, our seamless transfer policies help maximize your credit transfer and minimize your time to graduation-saving you time and money.
To help you prepare for career success, our classroom experience replicates the real world. In small classes led by industry-experienced faculty, you receive hands-on learning and gain relevant skills through internship opportunities, field training exercises, and other program-relevant experiences.
To help you advance your career as quickly as possible, you can complete your Bachelor’s degree in our AcceleratED Bachelor’s Degree Completion Program in as little as 18 months.* Our other programs also have a streamlined completion time: you can earn your Associate’s degree in as little as 18 months or a Certificate in as little as nine months.
At Rasmussen College, we are committed to developing our students into confident professionals who are leaders in their field. Students can choose to earn an in-demand degree in one of our seven schools of study (program availability varies by campus):
- School of Business
- School of Design
- School of Education
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Justice Studies
- School of Nursing
- School of Technology
Five Reasons to Choose Rasmussen College
- AcceleratED: You can earn an in-demand Bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and help advance your career.*
- Transfer Credits: Our transfer policies are designed to maximize your credit transfer and minimize your time to graduation. You can earn college credit for prior learning and military experience, transfer your Associate’s degree (regardless of area of study), or test out of courses, and transfer up to 120 credits into your Bachelor’s degree.*
- Career Services Assistance: Through resume preparation, mock interviews, and job searching, our dedicated career services advisors work to help you find the in-demand position that is right for you.
- Market-Relevant Experience: From our practical and relevant curriculum, to our faculty with industry-specific professional experience, Rasmussen College provides you with a practical education experience to help you land the job you want.
- Financial Aid: Our knowledgeable financial aid advisors work with you to develop a financial aid solution that is customized to suit your specific situation. Our advisors show you the loan, grant, and scholarship opportunities you may qualify for in a stress-free and seamless application environment.
About Rasmussen College
With more than 110 years of academic excellence, Rasmussen College is a trusted and respected higher education institution with campuses in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, North Dakota, Florida, and online throughout the nation. Since 1900, Rasmussen College has been dedicated to helping our students succeed both in the classroom and in their careers.
*Continuously enrolled students in Certificate, Diploma, and Associate’s degree programs will not be subject to a tuition increase for two years from the time they begin their program of study. Continuously enrolled students in Bachelor’s degrees will not be subject to tuition increase for four years from the time they begin their program of study.
*Time to complete is dependent on number of credits transferred in and credits taken per quarter. Rasmussen College reserves the right to deny or accept transfer credits per the policies in the course catalog.
- Brooklyn Park
- St. Cloud
- Lake Elmo
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Billing and Coding Diploma
- Health Information Technician Associate's
National American University
National American University is about personal development and community. When you choose to attend NAU, you don’t just join a group of diverse students and faculty; you join a group of people from all walks of life sharing a unique experience.
Our staff is devoted to helping you balance your education with your personal and professional obligations – it’s our commitment. Through flexible class scheduling, dedicated career advisors and quality programs, NAU strives to provide a caring and supportive learning environment to ensure your success as a student.
src: url("http://files.edusearch.com/fonts/gotham-bold-webfont.woff") format("woff")
font: gothem, Arial, sans-serif;
- Burnsville, MN
- Healthcare Coding Diploma
- Health Information Technology
San Joaquin Valley College
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates. Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California – including an Online division – and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields. Students benefit from a balance of classroom instruction, hands-on training and learning the skills they need to go straight to work in today’s competitive job market.
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing and Coding
Ultimate Medical Academy Online
At Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) we specialize in healthcare education in a supportive atmosphere that promotes student success. We educate future allied health professionals through our online classroom and at our campuses in Clearwater and Tampa, Florida. Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students for careers in the healthcare industry.
- Medical Billing and Coding Diploma
- A.S. Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Office Billing Specialist Diploma
Keiser University eCampus Online
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, healthcare and computer technology. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate
- Medical Administrative Assistant with Electronic Health Records - Certificate