Dive into the Great Lake State by enrolling in one of the Michigan medical coding schools today. There are several fantastic Michigan medical coding schools available in great cities like Grand Rapids and Detroit. There are thousands of high paid medical coders already working in the state of Michigan, and the Michigan medical coding schools will help you get your foot in the door of the exciting line of work. Medical coding is an essential part of the healthcare industry, and you can earn your degree with one of the Michigan medical coding schools in no time.
Our Michigan medical billing schools can be found below. Sign up for an online or traditional program and get started today!
As a Michigan medical coder, you will:
- Assign clinical codes to patient information for reimbursement and data analysis
- Electronically record data for collection, retrieval and analysis
- Review patient records for fiscal and biological accuracy
- Maintain patient confidentiality and data security
Some career figures for medical coding professionals in Michigan:
- Average annual salary: $36,580
- Currently employed: 4,050
- Employment outlook: 21% growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Michigan Medical Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Dorsey Schools are postsecondary institutions that provide short term comprehensive training to prepare students for promising career opportunities in fields such as cosmetology, culinary arts, healthcare and skilled trades.
Today Dorsey is proudly represented by thousands of successful graduates working in their chosen careers throughout Michigan, because employers know they can feel confident hiring a Dorsey graduate.
Dorsey Schools has one main mission: to better educate their students, thus improving career opportunities available to them. This is why the entire staff of Dorsey Schools strives to prepare men and women for the best possible career training in a variety of fields. Each program at Dorsey Schools is committed to providing quality career education and positive reinforcement – enabling the development of self-esteem, self-reliance, discipline and confidence in each graduate, coupled with an obligation to the communities where they live and work.
The goal of accreditation is to ensure that education provided by institutions of higher education, like Dorsey Schools, meets or exceeds an acceptable level of quality. Dorsey Schools is proud to have achieved accreditation through the following:
Dorsey School of Beauty in Taylor is institutionally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS) and holds initial approval to receive institutional accreditation from the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). All other campus locations are institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
The Culinary Arts program, available at the Roseville and Waterford-Pontiac campuses, is accredited by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation’s (ACFEF) Accrediting Commission.
Select Dorsey Schools programs are approved for training under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, the Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB), and the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) VetSuccess Program at the following campuses: Farmington Hills, Madison Heights, Roseville, Dearborn, Lansing, Saginaw, Southgate, Taylor, Waterford-Pontiac and Wayne-Westland. “The GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”
Programs vary by campus.
Taylortown School of Beauty operates as Dorsey Schools and/or Dorsey School of Beauty (Taylor Campus location).
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
Bryan University Online
Bryan University has a proven track record of successfully preparing graduates for over 70 years. Through hands-on, student-centered learning experiences, coupled with individualized support, Bryan students graduate with practical, productive skills that lead directly to high-demand professional careers. Unlike traditional institutions, Bryan also offers job placement assistance and lifetime refresher courses to ensure its graduates remain competitive for many years to come. Bryan enjoys a position within the higher education spectrum that is unique, respected, enviable and worthy of emulation.
Seize the opportunities in this growing industry.
With an estimated 71,200 job openings through the year 2024, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to choose a career path, such as:
- Certified Medical Biller and Coder – assign codes to patient records using ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codebooks for different diagnoses and medical procedures for in-patient and out-patient settings.
- Medical Office Administrator – responsible to keep the healthcare organization running smoothly and efficiently by directing and coordinating operations.
- Medical Records Technician – work to organize, monitor, update and maintain healthcare providers’ electronic medical records.
- Medical Secretary – maintain medical records, charts, correspondence, case history, reports, and insurance documents, among other duties.
- Insurance Claims Analyst – review insurance policy to determine coverage, prepare insurance claim forms, calculate claim amounts, and transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
Preparing now means you’ll be ready for the jobs of the future.
Diverse Work Settings
With a degree in Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records, gain the skills to be job-ready. Find yourself working with healthcare organizations such as:
- Ambulatory Care Settings
- Physician Offices
- Health Information Vendors
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Insurance Companies
- Behavioral Health Settings
- College Health Settings
At Bryan University, we give you a clear pathway, so that you’re ready to make your next career move as soon as you graduate. Learn how we put you on the path.
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.