Dive into the Great Lake State by enrolling in one of the Michigan medical coding schools today. There are several fantastic Michigan medical coding schools available in great cities like Grand Rapids and Detroit. There are thousands of high paid medical coders already working in the state of Michigan, and the Michigan medical coding schools will help you get your foot in the door of the exciting line of work. Medical coding is an essential part of the healthcare industry, and you can earn your degree with one of the Michigan medical coding schools in no time.
Our Michigan medical billing schools can be found below. Sign up for an online or traditional program and get started today!
As a Michigan medical coder, you will:
- Assign clinical codes to patient information for reimbursement and data analysis
- Electronically record data for collection, retrieval and analysis
- Review patient records for fiscal and biological accuracy
- Maintain patient confidentiality and data security
Some career figures for medical coding professionals in Michigan:
- Average annual salary: $36,580
- Currently employed: 4,050
- Employment outlook: 21% growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Michigan Medical Coding Schools Enrolling Now
Dorsey Schools are postsecondary institutions that provide short term comprehensive training to prepare students for promising career opportunities in fields such as cosmetology, culinary arts, healthcare and skilled trades.
Today Dorsey is proudly represented by thousands of successful graduates working in their chosen careers throughout Michigan, because employers know they can feel confident hiring a Dorsey graduate.
Dorsey Schools has one main mission: to better educate their students, thus improving career opportunities available to them. This is why the entire staff of Dorsey Schools strives to prepare men and women for the best possible career training in a variety of fields. Each program at Dorsey Schools is committed to providing quality career education and positive reinforcement – enabling the development of self-esteem, self-reliance, discipline and confidence in each graduate, coupled with an obligation to the communities where they live and work.
The goal of accreditation is to ensure that education provided by institutions of higher education, like Dorsey Schools, meets or exceeds an acceptable level of quality. Dorsey Schools is proud to have achieved accreditation through the following:
Dorsey School of Beauty in Taylor is institutionally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS) and holds initial approval to receive institutional accreditation from the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). All other campus locations are institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
The Culinary Arts program, available at the Roseville and Waterford-Pontiac campuses, is accredited by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation’s (ACFEF) Accrediting Commission.
Select Dorsey Schools programs are approved for training under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, the Montgomery GI Bill® (MGIB), and the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) VetSuccess Program at the following campuses: Farmington Hills, Madison Heights, Roseville, Dearborn, Lansing, Saginaw, Southgate, Taylor, Waterford-Pontiac and Wayne-Westland. “The GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”
Programs vary by campus.
Taylortown School of Beauty operates as Dorsey Schools and/or Dorsey School of Beauty (Taylor Campus location).
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).