On the west coast you will join one of over 17,000 medical coders when you earn your degree from one of the California medical coding schools. San Diego and Los Angeles are just two of the exciting cities where you can attend one of the California medical coding schools. As a medical coder, you will be a vital part of the healthcare industry, so make sure you have the right training and skills in order to excel in this career. With a degree from one of the California medical coding schools, you will do just that.
Below you will find a list of our featured California medical coding schools. Decide which one is right for you and enroll in an online or traditional program today!
As a California medical coder, you will:
- Assign clinical codes to patient information for reimbursement and data analysis
- Electronically record data for collection, retrieval and analysis
- Review patient records for fiscal and biological accuracy
- Maintain patient confidentiality and data security
Some career figures for medical coding professionals in California:
- Average annual salary: $42,270
- Currently employed: 17,650
- Employment outlook: 21% growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
California Medical Coding Schools Enrolling Now
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter our school, to graduation and beyond, we are right by your side. Our mission is to prepare students for employment by providing industry-relevant education and training within a positive, supportive and caring environment.
Whether it’s a career in the healthcare field, computers or business, UEI College is here to help. Our quality hands-on training will prepare you for real world situations.
Every member of our faculty and staff works hard to pass on their real-world knowledge and provide tools their students can use to excel in their chosen field and carry that knowledge on well past their time at UEI College. Many of our programs can be completed in as little as 8 – 9 months.*
Need help finding a job? Our career services department will assist you with your search, your resume and your interview skills. Need help paying for school? Our student financial services department will determine if you qualify for financial aid or even scholarships!
If you don’t have your High School Diploma, ask us about your options! As a student in one of our eligible career pathway programs, you’ll have the opportunity to earn your High School Diploma while you complete your career training! Best of all, the opportunity to complete high school is available to you at no additional cost!**
Our schools are accredited and ready to get you started on your path to success.
At UEI College, “We put U First.” ™
**Not all programs are eligible.
Not all programs available at all locations.
*Timing varies by program. UEI – Huntington Park, Anaheim, Chula Vista, El Monte, Encino, Ontario, San Marcos, Stockton, and Morrow are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACC
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates On Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education, everyone can now get the education they need for the life they want. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why So Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- All learning materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster Career School offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School offers low tuition and customized payment plans with 0% interest.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- As soon as students enroll, they immediately have access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).